Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back to work...

So recently, well a few weeks now, I returned back to work. It was really hard to leave Cambria. Enough said. I cried after I dropped her off with Mel, til I got to work. It would be great to be a stay at home mom, its just not somthing we can do right now though. Luckily I am lucky enough to have Melanie watch for a few hours a few days a week, and Rusty picking up the rest of the mommy slack. It has been great for him though to be with her alone that much, he is so much more comfortable watching her and comforting her. He is a great dad, and now he knows it too. One of the hardest things about going back to work is not being able to nurse her like I would want to. I tried pumping and work and all that, but was unable to keep my milk supply going. I am only able now to nurse her once a day, at her 6am feeding. Other than that she is on formula. I have struggled with this, believing that the "breast is best", but I am glad that she was able to nurse consistanly for over three months. I am so lucky to have a wonderful and trustworthy support system for me and my little one, it has made all this so much easier.

No comments: